Student Educational Outcomes
A student passing B.E. in Civil Engineering from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Institute of Technology, Panvel should be able to:
- Develop Engineering knowledge and skill so that a student gains state-of-art knowledge of various disciplines of engineering viz. structural analysis and design, water resources engineering and hydraulics, transportation engineering, environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, construction technology and management, building science and technology etc. along with basic knowledge of electrical and electronics, mechanical engineering and applied sciences. Overall skills are developed in all aspects of civil engineering.
- Analyze and solve problems related to field of Civil Engineering and construction management.
- Design different components of civil engineering structures using different materials and methods, viz. Foundation, public health engineering and sewerage structures, irrigation and water resources schemes, hydraulic structures, rigid an flexible pavements, buildings and bridge structures, special structures, etc.
- Apply modern techniques and equipments in the design and construction of different projects.
- understand and optimize the inculcated knowledge in the benefit of society, environment without losing morals and ethics.
- Work in team as well as an individual
- Involve and prepare for future trends and need by attempting problems beyond syllabi.